- Servlets are easier to write.
- Servlets are faster to run.
- Servlets are platform independent. CGI has the disadvantage of doing server-side programming with platform-specific APIs.
- Servlet can handle multiple request concurrently, and synchronize requests.
- The servlets can be used to balance load among several servers that mirror the same content and to partition a single logical service over several servers, according to task type or organizational boundaries as servlets can forward requests to other servers and servlets.
- Performance, scalability, and reusability of CGI is not as good as servlets.
- Servlets uses Java. Java is a object oriented programming language. Obviously servlets have advantage of using object oriented programming language Java.